View Single Post
Old 9th July 2009, 10:19 AM   #1
Jens Nordlunde

Default Some books for collectors

Here are some books from my book list – maybe some of them will be of interest. Pleas notice that the books shown below are NOT for sale, they are only for orientation.

ACTE-EXPO: Splendeur des Armes Orientales. Galerie ART, Paris 1988.

Akhtar, Dr. Nasim et al.: Islamic Art of India. Islamic Arts Museum, Malaysia 2002.

Allan, James & Gilmour, Brian: Persian Steel, The Tanavoli Collection. Oxford University Press, 2000.

Alexander, David: The Arts of War. The Nasser D. Khalili Collection of Islamic Art. Vol. XXI. The Nauer Foundation in association with Azimuth Editions and Oxford University Press 1992.

Ed. Archer, Mildred, Christopher Rowell & Robert Skelton: Treasures from India. The Clive Collection. The National Trust 1987.

Aziz, Abdul: Arms and Jewellery of Indian Moghuls, Lahor 1947.

Babur-Nama (Memoires of Babur). Munshiram Manoharlal Publishers Pvt. Ltd. 1998. Reprint

Balsiger, Roger N., Kläy, Ernst J.: Bei Schah Emir und Kahn. Meier Verlag Schaffhausen 1992.

Battuta; Ibn: The Travels of Ibn Battuta. Munshiram Manoharla Publishers, India. Reprint 1999. Translation and comments by H.A.R.Gibb.

Chodynski, Antoni Romuald (ed.): Persian and Indo-Persian Arms and Armour of 16th - 19th Century from Polish Collection. Malbork, Poland 2000.

Clarke, C.Purdon: Indian Art in Marlborough House. London 1898.

Folsach, Kjeld von: Art from the World of Islam in the David Collection. Copenhagen 2001.

Haas, Claus-Peter. Kröger, Jens: Oriental Splendour. Islamic Art from German Private Collections. Museum für Kunst und Gewerbe Hamburg 1993.

Holstein, P.: Contribution a L’etude des Armes Orientales vol. I-II. Les Éditions Albert Lévy, Paris 1931.

Hoyland, Robert G. and Gilmoure, Brian: Medieval Islamic Swords and Swordmaking. Kindi’s treatise ‘On swords and their kinds’. Gibb Memorial Trust, London, 2006.

Leth, André: Islamske vĺben i dansk privateje/Islamic Arms and Armour from private Danish Collections. Davids Samling. Copenhagen 1982.

Tod, James: Annals and Antiquities of Rajasthan, vol. I-II. Munshiram Manoharlal Publishers, 2001 reprint.

Watt, George: Indian Art at Delhi 1903. Being the Official Catalogue of the Delhi Exhibition 1902- 1903. Delhi 1903, reprint 1987.

Welch, Stuart Cary: Imperial Mughal Painting. Chatto & Windus, London 1978.

Zebrowski, Mark: Gold, Silver and Bronze from Mughal India. Alexandria Press, London 1997.

Zeller, R.: Orientalisches Sammlung Henri Moser-Charlottenfels. Beschreibender Katalog der Waffensamlung. Bern 1955.

Last edited by Jens Nordlunde; 9th July 2009 at 01:19 PM.
Jens Nordlunde is offline   Reply With Quote