View Single Post
Old 24th June 2007, 02:49 AM   #3
janti

Dear Ariel , my origin is Circassian and i am living in Türkiye .I think i didnt get you wrong and pls dont take me wrong , if we are talking originality of qama ( kindjal )

1-First of all Circassians are otokhton people of Caucassia.

2-Circassians after the big exile

went allover Ottoman lands. But they are never been mercenaries in Turkish ( Ottoman ) military. And there wasnt any Georgian or Armenians soldiers.

3-Pls try to find Circassian Mamelukes and also pls. try to find out who is (1382-1517) Sultan Seyfuddin Berkuk and his origin.
And eng. book of sir William (The Mameluke of slave dynaste of Egypt—London 1896)

There is 23 Circassian Sultans in Mameluke state ;

1)Sultan Seyfuddin Berkuk 1390

2)Berkuk's son Sultan Ferej 1398

3)El müçtehid el halife bilal 1412

4)Şeyh Mahmud 1412

5)Muayyed's son Sultan Ahmet 1221

6)Ebul Feth tatar 1421

7)Sultan Barasbiy 1422

8)Barasbiy's son Seyfuddin 1422

9)Barasbiy's son Yusuf 1438

10)Naue Çakmak 1438

11)Çakmak's son Osman 1453

12)Sultan İnal 1453

13)İnal 's son Ahmet 1461

14)Sultan hoşkadem 1461

15)Sultan Balabay 1467

16)Temariğe 1467

17)Eşref Kaytbay 1467

18)Kaytbay's son Muhammet 1495

19)Kanşaue Eşref 1498

20)Eşref Janbulat 1499

21)Kanşaue Eşref 's son Tumanbay 1500

22)Kanşaue Ğur 1500

23)Tumanbay 2. 1516 – 17

4-Did you heard about Circassian qama ( kindjal) dance , which is been traditional since nearly 400 years ?

5-Do you know anything about Asya Eutykh? She is Circassian and she lives in Maikop capital city of Adyga republic. If you not pls. read and visit the link at the below.

'' Grandfather’s old tools appeared to be of use. In all sources I found only the words that Circassian toreutics is a dead craft, recollects Asya. The consequences of Caucasian war appeared to be very difficult for Circassians. They lost their motherland, whole tribes left for Ottoman Empire. The masters went with them but they failed to retain the art on that foreign land. At the end of 19th century Dagestan jewellers and smiths started to visit Circassian auls. They got to love the Circassian ornament but managed to work out their own fashioning style Circassian-nakysh. But this art has also died out. All eutykhs are craftsmen though their ancestral art is lost, currently they are engaged in what is available now. In Turkey eutykhs weave silk carpets. In Jordan I got acquainted with a man from Eutykhs family line who makes pictures depicting his distant motherland, stains and decorates with a golden silk thread. Nobody has passed him any traditions, but a desire of needlework is felt. I also could not escape this genetic call. ''

http://www.en.eutykh.com/index.php?issue_id=42

And finally you adviced to me book of Astvatsaturyan lets take a look together what Astvatsaturyan told about Asya Eutykh' works.

''This art seemed to belong only to the past. Then, suddenly, Asya Yeutykh appeared and once again the Circassian designs were revived, this time, featuring modern works - cavalry swords, daggers, belts, women's adornments. Sometimes, the artist repeats old compositions but basically, she creates new, personalized compositions using traditional ornamental elements. It's a real revival of the Circassian jewelry art. All of those who love this art greet the artist with joy and hope and wish her good luck and success.

Emma G. Astvatsaturyan''

http://en.eutykh.com/index.php?issue_id=18

I am sorry for my broken eng. its taked a very long time to write all of this . And i am just trying translate to eng. some documents for more evidence.

Circassian couldn't write they'rs own history cause they have been fighting 400 year for freedom.And some who came to Caucasia later , have been good relation with Bolsheviks they owned Circassian weapons ,dresses,music etc.

If you need any more further clarification for yourself , i would love to help you by sharing the truth.

Wish you Best
janti is offline   Reply With Quote