Thread: Baskethilt
View Single Post
Old 9th June 2005, 07:53 PM   #30
fernando
Lead Moderator European Armoury

these are digital pictures of both little book and mentioned sword ( my scanner is broken ).
i wouldn't presume to cover such a complex theme like masonry and their self pretended connection to the templars, with all that implies. just remember that the cruzades saga generated the order of "poor knigths of christ"( 1128 ), after named "knights of the temple" ( templars ). when the pope clemente V banned the order in all countries in 1312, the portuguese king dom diniz, considering their achieved strenght, traded some trick with the pope and ended up keeping them, by renaming them "order of christ". this was a long shot, as this religious military order, headed by the best blood of portuguese nobles, like prince henry the navigator, were in the origin of the discoveries period, as from the XY century. the cross engraved in Jeff D sword must be the "cruz de cristo" ( christ cross ), a symbol brought from the templars gowns to the sails and armoury of the discovery soldiers.
whether the masonics descend and cultivate some of all the templars knowledge, be it intrinsecal, esoteric, you name it, is something that transcends me. some even say that templars still exist. i find this type of values, assumed by whomever, seven hundred years ago, only plausible if performed by history.
not to provoke a bottomless well, i'll stick to the little part of trying to find out the missing link in the swords motto engraving "no me saques ...", even a possible portuguese version of the text.
there are inumerous pages on this theme over here ... there must be some track.
sorry to be such a bore.
fernando is offline   Reply With Quote