Thread: Datu Ivory Kris
View Single Post
Old 6th August 2007, 11:04 PM   #16
Bill M

Quote:
Originally Posted by TVV
Just a few random thoughts regarding this auction. I am really sorry for the seller, as he is stuck with eBay's fee, and as far as I recall it is a percentage of the final price. I guess a good precaution by all sellers would be to explicitly warn in the listing that they would accept no bids from 0 feedback users, no exceptions. However, I do not see what a seller can do about snipers (to which I also belong) other than a second-chance offer after the end of the auction. Teodor
I still think this is a twist core. I'd clean and stain it and re-market it. A twist core with ivory is a good thing and has some value, regardless of my nit picking in this thread.

I very much feel bad for the seller. I have bought some very good African pieces from him and been pleased with both the quality and the service. Fast shipping and well-packaged.

He should not get stuck with high eBay fees, but will either have to file an NPB (Non Performing Bidder) strike against the bidder, which I would do, but that might provoke a negative FB from a newbie bidder.

Seller and buyer can also agree not to complete the sale. Either way there would be no eBay fee.
Bill M is offline   Reply With Quote