View Single Post
Old 6th January 2009, 03:34 PM   #33
celtan

I have shot the Spanish M 1752 fusil, very similar to the M 1728, and it is reasonably accurate and reliable.

Most probably they didn't even shoot at her, the spanish are inured from birth to women shouting abuse at us, throwing dishes etc...It's almost a church-sanctioned way of showing affection...

I still remember the beating I got in Galicia when I was 10 yrs. old, from a 11 yo blonde, blue eyed celtic she-devil, just out of a whim...

In WWII, a couple of my grand-uncles served in the Wehrmacht in Russia. They were supplied methamphetamine-laced chocolate while at the frontline, which made them alert, aggressive and "roaring to go"...

M

Quote:
Originally Posted by migueldiaz
That's an interesting photo, Jeff.

I wonder what the message of the symbolisms are -- we have a young lady who seems to be lactating mother, and who is either pregnant again or had just delivered one, and then she's holding that ceremonial sword.

Moving to another location, here's an account describing an Igorot "amazon priestess":
"On the 25th [June 1747], Don Cuarto began the attack, but was soon put out of action himself by two rocks which struck him in the head. Apparently directing the defense forces was a sort of amazon priestess in their midst, naked to the waist, who kept inciting the Ipituys to fever pitch with her shouts and taunting the enemy with her invective and challenging them to shoot her, and although she was a frequent target, no ball found its mark -- a circumstance analyzed in the friar report of the battle as a sure sign of direct covenant with the Devil. The Igorots fought with such fury and war cries they literally foamed at the mouth, causing their enemies to suspect they had chewed some narcotic root to provide a suicidal intoxication."
The account was taken from WH Scott's The Discovery of the Igorots: Spanish Contacts with the Pagans of Northern Luzon (1974).
celtan is offline   Reply With Quote