View Single Post
Old 27th January 2010, 12:41 AM   #8
Robert
EAAF Staff

Celtan, Jim and Rick, Thank you all for your kind words of encouragement and for the information everyone has offered. I guess that sometimes you can get lucky even after you've had a few to many barley pops. As far as how the seller decided that these were Masonic, he said that is what he was told when he bought them at a garage sale. I didn't find this out until after I had made him an offer and he ended the auction. I have been searching the net for more information on these to no avail. I even went so far as to read the infamous "thread that SHALL NOT be named" . I believe that Jim is right that these are probably some kind of Indonesian ceremonial sword. With any luck something will come to light when they arrive and I have a chance to inspect them a little better for other markings. Do you think that there is any chance that someone here might have a couple of drags for the scabbards laying around that they would like to part with? Again let me thank you all for you help and I will be posting more pictures when these arrive.

Robert
Robert is offline   Reply With Quote