View Single Post
Old 13th February 2012, 07:20 PM   #1
Dom

Default 2 new comers; Nimcha & Khoumeiya

Hi
it was a "package", I wasn't having alternative, or, bid for both, or drop the bid ...
in fact, only the nimcha has draw my attention,
and I considerate the khoumeiya as "a piece of cake", I mean, a tourist "souvenir"
the nimcha is without hesitation, from the last century, nice "patina" as well as on guard, and blade

- the blade is I guess, it's from Europe, but without mark, will be may be very difficult to identify, still yet very sharp
if some one could help me to identify the blade, per anticipation I thanks him

- the hilt, it's absolutely conform to what has to be an Moroccan hilt, but without marks, it has a nice "patina"

- the scabbard is original, wood covered with leather, a remain of a sticker with mention "sabre" (saber) show a style writing from 19th century

- the hilt is from horn, which animal ? ox or cow aren't very commune in Morocco, much more Aries and he-goats, but from rhino ... not rare, so ??

in conclusion, an honest "Nimcha" no pretentious, but not "bazaar souvenir"

over length; 98 cm either ± 38"
hilt and guard; 15,6 cm either ± 6"
blade; 82 cm either ± 32"

at beginning, I don't pay any attention to the khoumeiya, persuaded to have "a piece of cake",
only blade was intriguing me, it was a good one, nicely forged in an iron of good quality,
it was strange to have a good blade, with a ... sheet, then I decided to clean up it, and surprise, without to be an exceptional dagger,
it's an honest one from last century, may be from the same owner of the sword ?

à +

Dom
Attached Images

Dom is offline   Reply With Quote