View Single Post
Old 16th June 2010, 02:22 AM   #79
Dimasalang

Quote:
Originally Posted by migueldiaz
here's are pics of the tomb of gregoria de jesus, wife of the philippine national hero, andres bonifacio.

bonifacio is always portrayed with a bolo as his prominent weapon. but historians say that his favorite weapon is actually his revolver.

here are the pics of the crypt/tomb of the phil. revolution and phil-am war officers buried at the same cemetery: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, and 13.
WOW!!! Maraming-maraming salamat for these photos! Awesome to see these graves since they are never really visited or photographed. I swear, Manilas North Cemetery is an unknown spot...to me, it is a must see location for anyone who is in to Philippine history. So many heroes buried there, many of them can have their own shrine, monument, or memorial park! Can't believe Gregoria de Jesus's tomb..how could I have missed that! Wish I saw it in person...and not just for her, the Nakpil-Bautista family as well. I visited their ancestral house in Quiapo. Amazes me.
Gen Pawa's tomb is also very interesting, being it is not extravagant or some huge monument. Most Chinese tombs are huge off the wall architectural structure. And most well known famous people of the Philippines are buried around marble...Pawa's looks to be ordinary slabs of concrete like the average common citizen...interesting. Was he buried in a regular location?..I know there was a chinese section of the cemetery. Gen Pawa was the only non-native full blooded Chinese general of Aguinaldo. He was also known for being one of the arresting officers of Andres Bonifacio...it is said he was the one who stabbed Bonifacio in the neck with a dagger. Maybe Gen Pawa was buried with that dagger.
Thanks again for sharing!
Dimasalang is offline   Reply With Quote