View Single Post
Old 16th December 2011, 07:29 PM   #7
David
Keris forum moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pusaka
Is anyone here familiar with the name of the 16 types of Iron and the colours/musical notes. Below is an example of what I am talking about.
The translation is not good but if you take the handle off your keris and flick the blade it will produce a sound. In ancient times they put the sounds produced into 16 categories with a sound and colour for each type of iron used.

1 Like the sound of buzzing bees, usually have the prestige of such a dagger curved or wavy, the name of the iron Coral Deer, quiet and patient benefits.
2 Guurrr ... The color green metallic iron. iron Karindu name Aji, the benefits to the authority, get rich quick and good position.
3 Bluish purple color Guunggg BSI, iron Walulin name, the benefits a healthy body, respected people, easy to solve the problem.
4 Duuungg ... clear blue color of the iron metal name Aji Windu, the benefits to safety.
5 Nonggg ... Color greenish yellow iron, iron Walangi name, the benefits are fluent in food and clothing, and good for career pengasihan savings and loans.
6 Preng ... Color bluish-white metal, iron Melelaruyun name, its benefits to kedigjayaan or strength.
7 Nong-Ngong .... Color jet black iron, iron Warani name, its benefits can reach a high degree, rich and always successful in running the government.
8 Color buzzing black metal moss, name Terate iron, the benefits to pengasihan
9 Tuuunggg .... The color of raw white iron, iron Malelagedaga name, patient benefits, and always pitied.
10 ... The color white Trungg raw iron, iron Kanthot name, its benefits for family peace.

http://artikel.idris-nawawi.com/?p=85
This is an interesting topic for me Pusaka. I have always been drawn to blades that "sing" and i have been curious about how the tone of specific keris might apply to the quality of the blade.
David is offline   Reply With Quote