View Single Post
Old 11th July 2012, 04:05 PM   #42
Ibrahiim al Balooshi

Quote:
Originally Posted by NovelsRus
Salaams, Ibrahiim,

You advised, "I think it looks great exactly where it is."

I couldn't agree more! Although I'd still like to see it up high on my wall, I think the potential hazards outweigh the aesthetics.

Also, on that Baatista design, why are there only four rings, not seven? Is it only the Royal Omani Khanjar that gets 7 rings?

Thanks again, and sorry for the quality of my last photos. It was night, and I was in a hurry to snap the photos and send 'em on before I fell asleep at the wheel, so to speak.

Sincere best wishes,

JRF
P.S. I still think the Royal Omani Khanjar is the most beautiful dress dagger in all Arabia. Of course, I may be somewhat biased.

Salaams NovelsRus, Baatina(Coastal Oman) technically from Muscat north and north west up the coast as far as Mussandam; here and in other Omani regions they sport the 4 ringer Khanjar. In Muscat there is a 7 ringer with an ordinary Tee shaped hilt and in addition to this there is the Royal Khanjar 7 ringer with the fancy hilt. Occasionally Muscat Khanjars appear with 8 rings(just to confuse the issue) and all I can say about rings is that without them the whole structure would fall apart... They are very much what holds the whole ensemble together forming the belt section. I agree that the Royal Khanjar is a superb looking weapon. Thanks for the post...

Regards,
Ibrahiim al Balooshi.
Ibrahiim al Balooshi is offline   Reply With Quote