View Single Post
Old 6th April 2007, 09:54 PM   #30
pakana

Hello to all,

I would like to express my opinion about the mistical side of keris, since my knowledge about the technical side is rather limited, and there are many people in this forum with vast knowledge about the technical side.

First of all, it is not so rare to find a keris with spirit inside.Most of you here in this forum surely possess such a keris,but you don't know it.If a keris is "possesed" by such a spirit, and how strong that spirit is, it has to do with the quality of a keris.I mean that if an empu created a keris for an average farmer, or a king,you surely understand the difference of the aproach.So if you have a keris that is a very good quality,there are many possibilities to have a "resident" inside.

Also very important is for an owner to treat his keris with respect and love,and to feed it regurarly.Don't forget that,like us human,they also have the need for food and good feelings.If you treat your keris with desrespect,and you don't feed it at all,the power will slowly vanished

Also it is rather rare to harm a keris his owner.We humans are above keris,because we have also an actual body,not just spirit as the keris have.It is very important.And don't confuse the metal around the spirit with the "body".In the scale of existance,humans are above spirits such as keris,which are "built" by humans.Just bare in mind that the majority of keris spirits are rather simple in their way of "acting" and "thinking".They had the original order by their empu to protect someone,for example,so they stick to that original order.It's just like the software of your computer.

I don't know if these helped anyone.If someone has an interesting story or information to share,he is more than welcome.

George
pakana is offline   Reply With Quote