View Single Post
Old 20th February 2005, 06:52 PM   #46
Mare Rosu
Deceased

Default T back

JENS
If you look close at the larger of the two pictures (the one I used Iron powder on) on the left side you can just make out the hilt of the dagger so the orientation, is sharp side of the blade is down and T back side is up and closest to the paper and Iron powder. JENS where were you when I need you? Clean/polish the rusty powder indeed what should I have used Simichrome, or WD-40?

I also must tell you all that I made a big mistake in doing all this . For when I moved the dagger, from taking the last picture, it fell out of the box I used to shield it, the dagger fell about five feet and hit on my concrete floor, hitting the heavy hilted end with enough force to smash one of the gemstones in the hilt end, the stone was a Peridot. I will have it replaced next week (I hope) but I am now afraid to even check to see if the pole reversing was effected in anyway, as some of the forum folks here have stated that blows will effect the magnetic properties of steel, but will do so just as soon as I get over all this. I'll keep you posted.
Gene
Mare Rosu is offline   Reply With Quote