View Single Post
Old 20th April 2010, 05:15 AM   #18
Dimasalang

Quote:
Originally Posted by migueldiaz
Dimasalang, that's a very valid point.

Also, we know that the Moros practice folk Islam, in the same manner that (Filipino) Christians practice folk Catholicism.

Thus what was actually practiced by those people did not strictly follow the hard-and-fast tenets of those religions.

Very recently, millions of Filipinos saw on TV a bolo rush of Mindanao cultists against a group of police and govt. militiamen. Please see attached news clips.

I myself saw the video footages. The first to rush was a cult member who attacked from a stationary position about 10 meters away from the govt. troops. As soon as he sprung from where he stood, he immediately met a hail of M16 and pistol rounds. And yet he almost hacked a frontline trooper after being able to cover the 10 meters, before he finally fell, literally at the feet of the troopers.

And then the others cult members, waving their bolos and also no firearms, started rushing to the troopers (three of the cultists can be seen in the clip below, with the rightmost cultist seen as hit already).

Surely a religiously-inspired and determined attacker will be able to withstand a lot of gunshot wounds before he is stopped.

The news articles are here and here.

Interesting article. I notice they called them "Tad-Tad"(Chop Chop). This was originally a Pulajane name from the early part of the century. I know many Pulajane groups migrated south in the Mindanao after their battles with PC, PS, and soldiers. Is this cult descended from the Pulajane group?
Dimasalang is offline   Reply With Quote