View Single Post
Old 13th November 2010, 12:09 AM   #14
Maurice

Quote:
Originally Posted by Atlantia
No, you are absolutely right Maurice.
I'm not trying to make an issue out of this Maurice. I would hate to offend you in any way.
The image was a bit 'sudden' for me though. I found it a little shocking after the rather nice staged first image.
I'm aware some people collect head-hunter stuff. But even a discussion of Igorot axes is a world away from pictures of severed heads.
IMHO we should link to pictures of a graphic nature rather than put them in threads.
Sorry if that seems sensitive, I see dead people every day at work, that's enough.

Peace my friend.
Gene
Gene,

I am not thinking you are making an issue out of it, and I am neither making an issue out of it and am sorry if it seemed like I do in my former posting.
I think I expressed it wrong what I meant.

I can understand the image can fall hard on an empty stomach to people.
But I have read a lot of dayaks and their customs, and therefore also of headhunting. And I think I have seen a lot of skulls on images in books, museums and even also in private collections, that I might became immune of these kind of images, and think they are interesting and fascinating, not because of the severed heads, but because of the reflection of headhunting and what it was all about.
I have seen images much worse and also made in present days, where people where killed because of aggression or evil persons, and not because the "adat" tells them to do so..

Regards,
Maurice
Maurice is offline   Reply With Quote