View Single Post
Old 18th March 2005, 11:47 PM   #19
tom hyle

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill
Tom, just went to take more pics but no better images. Can't say it's a bullet, but it appears to me to show conciderable impact. There is a halo of slight indention surrounding the damage that almost shows the direction of the bullet. The thin but significant fractured piece was clearly damaged after the blades surface was complete. I have one of the first digital cameras that doesn't even show the mega-pixel on it. Any suggestions of what type of pixel & lens is good. Ian, have to think the seller doesn't want to be traced to the action.
What if this: What if there were a cold shut inside the blade, and then later it got smacked with something small and hard-hitting (gotta admit a bullet is as good a candidate as I can come up with) on its surface at that particular area, knocking a hole out of the layer over the cold-shut, and further fracturing some more of it; possible I guess. The surface in the crater looks raggedy; not like bullet damage, really, so that and its overall jagged shape are what I'm trying to account for.
tom hyle is offline   Reply With Quote