View Single Post
Old 28th June 2007, 11:55 PM   #9
kronckew

ariel, you are of course correct, as the yat didn't come with a scabbard i got the thing for a few pounds only cause the yat fit the things scabbard & i didn't feel like making one myself, i just reversed the fittings & shortened it a bit. it'll do till i get creative and make a proper one some day. i've got 2 more swords and a khukuri, a kard, and a zira bouk of in need of scabbards, i may be forced to get carving. (or find someone else who'll do it)

the metallic remains are hidden away in the store room, the blade was junk as was the brass hilt & will get tossed at some point as i can't figure out a good use for them......i could always sell it on ebay as an antique indian naval dirk without scabbard as seen on ''sharpe's challenge''

i will get around to it at some point, it may not be as original, but will be functional: here's one i made earlier, still needs a bit of metal work, but gives me something to carry the blade around in....(made of 1/8" boxwood, stained & varnished, needs a few brass bands i think...)

(the knife was sold as a "whaler's knife" as they thought the hilt looked like a whale's head.. it could have been an indonesian whaler i guess.)

Last edited by kronckew; 29th June 2007 at 12:25 AM.
kronckew is offline   Reply With Quote