View Single Post
Old 17th December 2015, 10:32 PM   #16
Pusaka

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mick
This discussion is veering into one of the "mystical" properties of beliefs in regard to the keris.
It started as a thread about the mystical properties ie mantra. That is a major aspect in keris too.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mick
One of these people told me that an empowered blade will give a tingling feeling to his hands while a regular blade will not. This individual visited me before I left the country about 40 years ago, went through the 20 or so of the kerises that I had on hand and picked out about three or four as having power. I, obviously, don't profess to have this ability, so I didn't feel any difference between these kerises and the rest of the bunch. But this is one of the things that arise when you really study the subject of kerises.
One guru I knew believed the same, he would hold a keris blade between his thumb and index finger and feel for a vibration.

People would bring him keris occasionally but the thing is he was secretive and if someone had a live blade he would not tell them. I remember actually one occasion in which after the person had gone I overheard him say to one of his senior students "that blade was live, but I went going to tell him that"
Pusaka is offline   Reply With Quote