Thread: Polish Sabre?
View Single Post
Old 8th December 2018, 09:07 AM   #3
kronckew

Not sure how old. brass is quite patinated & dull, kind of a dark tan, looks a lot lighter in the Photos, probably from a flash accessory, left side of the blade is untarnished, the right side is quite speckled with tiny black spots. Haven't found any similar googling, even googling oir site here could be earlier. The sparkly multi-coloured finger nail shaped area in one photo I am fairly certain came from an office lady taking the picture.

Always wanted a Polish Szabla as one of my Grandmother's came from Galetia, the eastern one, not the Iberian one nearer you (contamination of the old name for the celtic areas, as is Gaul, Gallic, Gaelic, etc.) which is now split with Poland & Ukraine, when she was there it was Austro-Hungarian. Her family moved there from Wien tho. (I do have a ww1-ish Austrian Sabre to cover that familial connection as well as a Prussian one for that part of me.)

Anyhow, This one was in my price range. Tho only because they held back to bid higher on the two officer ones that came after it did. The Officer one was stamped 1915 on the guard, here's what their eagle looked like:
Attached Images

Last edited by kronckew; 8th December 2018 at 09:37 AM.
kronckew is offline   Reply With Quote