View Single Post
Old 20th August 2016, 08:06 PM   #24
Kubur

Quote:
Originally Posted by rickystl
Hi Kubur !! How have you been ?
Rick
Hi Rick,
I' doing my best to collect some guns that you don't have but it's difficult...

Quote:
rings for attaching a throng or cord. Which could be carried around the neck, waistbelt, or most anything. This seems logical to me.
The Palaskas, wheather Ottoman, Greek, etc. all seem to have the construction/shape as per my pic above. With an intentional cast-in or soldered loop on the back side for a snug fit on a waist belt. And they all seem to be about the same size.
Rick
OK I' ve a different opinion. Look at this small Ottoman box and what do you think about the suspensions...
Now the Greek and Turkish are not the Africans / Berbers. I think they had different fashions and uses. About the Moroccan rings of the so called Koran boxes, they are very similar to the rings that you can find on Moroccan powder flask and koummiya.

Quote:
I do not believe these were designed to carry loose lead balls. Instead, I believe they were used to carry pre-made paper cartridges for use with the pistols on horseback.
While I guess both containers could be used for cross purposes, it seems each was generally designed for their seperate purposes.
Rick
I follow you on that one. My point was just that some Koran boxes were not Koran boxes.
Attached Images

Kubur is offline   Reply With Quote