Thread: Need guidance
View Single Post
Old 18th November 2014, 04:56 PM   #7
estcrh

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveA
I agree with the Wikipedia idea. Although I have not authored any new articles, I have edited and added to multiple others that were in not so great shape. I think this is good community service precisely because Wikipedia has such a large audience, and it is incumbent on those with the knowledge to improve this public resource. Furthermore, the state of organization of the ethnographic edged weapons material on Wikipedia is poor and could use some high level editing. Even the simple creation of "stub" articles for expansion by others would be beneficial. I know several of you, perhaps many, who have the skill to do this well. I urge everyone on this forum to become familiar with authoring and editing Wikipedia. It is easy and rewarding!

Best,

Dave A.
David I agree with you, besides Wikipedia there is the often overlooked Wikimedia Commons, this is the image data base that people can upload their own personal images to so that anyone can use them. Most Wikipedia images are linked from Wikimedia Commons.

I have personally gone through all of the Japanese armor and weapons related Wikipedia articles, I have added images, text and references as well as creating several new articles. I have also created many of the Japanese arms and Indo-Persian arms and armor categories on Wikimedia Commons.

Wikipedia and Wikimedia Commons is the best, least expensive and easiest way to reach people that I know of and at the same time they are way under utilized.
estcrh is offline   Reply With Quote