Thread: Snipers
View Single Post
Old 3rd December 2005, 06:53 AM   #22
John

Although I've bidded on ebay just a negligible few times, I've peeked to see how some of the seasoned players play and learn their strategy; they always snipe. I had a similar experience as Jose. Was eyeing on a keris (one that I quite wanted) for a number of days and the auction was to end at the early hours of the morning; woke up about an hour earlier to prepare for the snipe but lo, Kai Wee just placed a bid there and I supposed prior to going to bed. Momentarily felt the sting a little and decided not to snipe. I wouldn't have felt bad if I did but on the other hand I knew I was facing a very tough competitor. As a few have surmised that's the reality of the life but on this instance I was glad it went to a gentleman (and for a steal) who actually did earlier proposed on a strategy of bidding should buddies get interested on a similar item...

I hope all gentlemen will stay, emotions do get a little better of us at rare occasion like this but the track records are clear, most (except an odd alec) are great fellas and have contributed much eg Zelbone, Mabagani, Laban etc... Been enjoying reading your posts and the light heartedness here and there...
John is offline   Reply With Quote