View Single Post
Old 19th June 2011, 03:57 PM   #17
Ibrahiim al Balooshi

Default Khanjar Belts and Accessories

Quote:
Originally Posted by kahnjar1
Not sure Dom. Ibrahiim appears to be refering to the FLAT "rings" between the two round outside rings.
Salaams, Ya the chevron shaped things as inner rings.. What I dont see on the Forum is belts or accessories. A khanjar without a belt is less than complete. Nice to see that you have many belts on both your Yemeni and Omani weapons. I am currently upgrading the belt locker to include all the Omani Khanjar belts from every region. Occasionally I come across a solid silver short belt (The short belt with the buckle) and I have one to show in about 20 minutes ! In my Next letter. The things I dont have to hand are the accessories which fit in on and around the belt but I will list some and hopefully I will get these collected up for shooting :
1. Belt and Khanjar
2. Kohl (antimony paste eye darkener) container shaped like a gun cartridge on a chain looped over the khanjar handle.
3. Mungash (miniature spikes and tweezers for stitching leather and pulling thorns from feet). In a silver case and on a chain.
4. Silver Tobacco case and little pipe (tobacco is grown in Oman and smoked in about two hits from a little pipe often adorned in silver and on a chain.
5. Miniature silver earspoons (for getting earwax out of your ears!) in a silver case and on a chain.
6. The work knife which fits behind the Khanjar and is used for menial tasks like cutting string etc... often a Solingen or Sheffield butter knife with a silver worked handle.

~The full equipment is most attractive and sometimes you see it worn with all the ammo on an ammo belt worn under the khanjar and in this case the silver bullet cartridge shaped containers fit into the cartridge slots at the front in the slots nearest the ammo belt buckle..~

Last edited by Ibrahiim al Balooshi; 19th June 2011 at 04:53 PM. Reason: add on note
Ibrahiim al Balooshi is offline   Reply With Quote