View Single Post
Old 15th May 2009, 08:21 PM   #10
David
Keris forum moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by erikscollectables
What are the opinions on Jenssen?
To me (only 2 years interested in the subject and with only a small library) it seems to be the best resource in a language I can read.
That does not make everything in the book true of course but a good basis for at least an hypothesis I would say.
So the hypothesis would be it is Bima.
I don't pesonally have any opinion of Jensen as i do not own his Kris Disc as of yet. It may well be a very good reference. I do know that there is no way you can rely on any single source for accurate keris information and that "accurate" can change from island to island and era to era. Every book i have on the subject has at least some questionable material in it.
I wouldn't say that "the hypothesis would be it is Bima". That is, apparently, Jensen's hypothesis, but i have never read that from any other author i am familiar with.
Perhaps someone who has the Kris Disc can fill us in on what exactly has lead Jensen to his hypothesis. If he has no sources and no observational reasoning for his statement then it is more a guess than a hypothesis.
David is offline   Reply With Quote