View Single Post
Old 29th September 2015, 04:42 PM   #26
cornelistromp

Quote:
Originally Posted by AHorsa
Dear All,

today I visited the "Klingenmuseum Solingen" and found some comparandums which I do not want to withhold from you. Sadly I only had my bad Mobile-camera with me so the image quality is pretty poor.
The sword shown in the 4th image refers very much to the example in the painting shown in #17. Interestingly the museum allocate it to Switzerland but it is shown in a painting of a dutch townguard or the like if I remember well.

@Jasper: I also went through the remarkable sword exhibition and saw your beautiful and interesting loans there!

Cheers
Andi

HI Andi,

beautiful pictures!
yes the hilt of the sword with the chain attached to the guard and pommel is almost certainly Dutch, as also a few of the others, I will discuss it in Solingen, when I'm there.

I lent a group of medieval swords from my collection to the museum for the exhibition „The Sword – Form and Thought“

http://www.klingenmuseum.de/_english...s-schwert.html

I myself have not been there yet. I got a flat tire on the way to the opening & damaged my car, unfortunately had to return.

there's a lot of energy and effort put into this beautiful exhibition. not by me
if you are a sword enthusiast, then one should visit this exhibition!

best,
Jasper
Attached Images

Last edited by cornelistromp; 29th September 2015 at 04:57 PM.
cornelistromp is offline   Reply With Quote