View Single Post
Old 24th June 2006, 05:36 PM   #29
nechesh

Sorry Wayan, but you'll get no apology from me. Perhaps disrespectful was too harsh a word, but your whole attitude in this matter is completely dismissive. This thread is about two MORO weapons, a kris and a gunong, yet you find it necessarry to post here about how superior the Balinese keris is to Moro Weapons. Well, firstly, it's apples and oranges. You can't really compare the two. But it is not the subject line of this thread anyway.
You actually DO show disrespect for a few of us "serious" collectors of Indonesian keris who DO include Moro kris in our collections. I can assure you i am a very serious collector and student. As i stated, my preference is firmly in the Indo camp, which is why i only have 3 Moro kris and about 3 dozen Indo keris. But please don't insult me by implying that i am not a "serious" collector because of this.
You seem to know as little about physics as you do about Moro kris. You should probably skip the science and just look at the history. A Moro warrior armed with a kris was once considered the most fiercesome opponent of the U.S. Marine Corp. and there are many reports of soldiers nearly cleaved in two by a wound from a kris. So physics be damned i guess.
Bottom line is that you are hi-jacking this thread and turning it into a debate about the superiority the Bali keris. This thread should be about the weapons presented. If you use the search function you will no doubt find many threads on Indo keris and specifically Bali keris and i also encourage you to start new threads on these subjects. I will gladly join inn the discussion there and look forward to the occasion. I am sure that you have a lot to offer this forum.