View Single Post
Old 16th December 2019, 04:33 PM   #18
David
Keris forum moderator

Paul, i had not heard of Kebo Slurung before, but when i did a search for it i found a number of examples of blades with an extra long gandik (even for the kebo keris in general), but no Kembang Kacang. I know this form as Kebo Giri, but i am aware that as with all things keris there are other names for this dhapur in different regions. But it does look like the keris you are showing here is mislabelled since it clear does have Kembang Kacang. I am still a little suspicious of that Kembang Kacang however. It isn't really possible for me to tell with this photographs, but it does appear to be a later addition. As you point out, the feature seems very contained within the blade and does not stick our any as on other examples i have seen. But also, in the other examples i know the Kembang Kacang area also has other raised features such as Lambe Gajah. Those features seem absent in your example, leading me to believe this to be an afterthought alteration.
Here is another example i have, an even rarer luk version that was names as Kebo Giri Luk Telu. Not the additional features around the Kembang Kacang, both Jalen and Lambe Gajah.
Attached Images

David is offline   Reply With Quote