View Single Post
Old 24th August 2017, 05:43 PM   #27
David
Keris forum moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob A
Lack of posting does not necessarily mean lack of interest.

An assemblage of such items is useful in several ways. It serves as a reference source, delineates variation within types as well as depicting the varying types themselves, stimulates interest in those who have little or no exposure to the objects in question, for just a few examples of utility.

While I have none of these items, I found it of interest to view your collection, and I'm grateful for your efforts.
I will second everything that Bob has stated here.
People will visit more as you add more. I think most collectors don't actually know enough about this form of keris to have much top comment on at the moment. As you have stated, knowing or understanding the approximate age and purpose of each of these keris sajen is difficult at best. You have a great variance of style and form present and i am not sure anyone here, with the exception of perhaps Alan Maisey, has researched these well enough to have much of any relevant value to add to the discussion. I am a bit surprised he has not made any comments here yet.
You might also look at this a different way though. By uploading to this site you are creating an archive of images of these lesser known and discussed objects of keris culture in a place that is frequented by a great number of people who are indeed interested in the study of keris. Even if they generate only a small amount of discussion in the moment this archive of images could become a valuable resource for future researchers as well as the current crop of collectors we have with us at this time. I would encourage you to continue the presentation process if you have the will and thank you for your efforts so far.
David is offline   Reply With Quote