View Single Post
Old 6th October 2013, 09:13 AM   #11
ThePepperSkull

I KNEW this thread existed, it took me forever to find it again. I am now fortunate to find myself in ownership of the kris in question

Quite possibly one of the best quality kris I own in terms of craftsmanship of the blade. It turns out that it is a twistcore and I can echo everyone's sentiments when they say that the hilt and baca-baca are not original to the blade (Although it seems as though its current dress is a very old, very well done replacement).

What strikes me most about this piece is how differently it "feels" when held/handled. It seems to have the thickness and heftiness of a Moro Kris made later, however it is balanced closer to the hilt much like typical older Kris. I can also agree with Gustav in saying that it does seem very well-preserved and the base of the blade is very well executed. The lines and fullers are sharp, crisp, and smooth (Upon inspection it seems no one took a belt sander to smooth it out like you see with a lot of these twistcore bringback pieces. The laminations can be seen in person and the fullers outlining the twistcore seem to be deep and not worn down).

http://www.vikingsword.com/vb/showpo...7&postcount=18

Last edited by ThePepperSkull; 6th October 2013 at 09:29 AM.
ThePepperSkull is offline   Reply With Quote