View Single Post
Old 21st January 2023, 02:46 AM   #1
ASPaulding

Default Is this authentic 19th century Gaucho knife.

I recently purchased this gaucho knife and have a couple of questions. I know they still make gaucho knives to this day. I have read the article on the forum and had a few questions. There is an example of a similar modern knife made in the 20th century by Carlos Carnali in the article. The example did have a older blade with it. My example looks similar but there is zero maker marks or hallmarks on it. Somebody did engrave something on the blade but I can not read it. So how do you tell the diffrence between a authentic blade used by Gaucho versus somebody purchasing something at a jewelry or modern store. Also, I have always kept an eye out for these knives but generally the knife is out of my price point. Why do they go for as much as they do. The Gauchos are fascinating people. I do have much respect for there type of lives and know some of the things they did in the past to help the military. But we have similar here in the States. Typically a cowboy had his Bowie knife but the value is not equivalent. I feel I am missing something other than it is made of silver. Please any input you have would be appreciated.
Attached Images

ASPaulding is offline   Reply With Quote