View Single Post
Old 20th January 2011, 10:31 PM   #7
Nagawarrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by Atlantia
Hi Stephen,

Thanks for the link. Here's an altered version of the image, with some of the fading 'restored'.
Just in case it's of any use to you (or anyone else).
Do you know anything else about these swords?
Daoud Shah is described as commander in chief of the Amir's forces. I can't imagine that these were staff officer swords, but they are certainly not 'tribesmans' swords either. Any information on who carried them?
I've seen a Kyber knife with this type of guard, but never one of these sabres (in person) Are they rare?
The picture is of great use to me and I'm sure others. We gain so much understanding from our interaction here. I thank you very much.
Don't know much else other than what I have learned here. These were probably issued in some numbers. Its the quality of the blade that makes the difference between officer and regular troops I believe. The wootz bladed sword of mine probably belonging to an officer or body guard. They are a bit rare perhaps. I see these come up every so often. There is one in the swap forum right now. I've seen them at gun shows too. My buddy spoke of a large stash that was found a while back. All I know is I like 'em. Yours especially.

-Stephen*
Nagawarrior is offline   Reply With Quote