Thread: Ganja !
View Single Post
Old 18th November 2006, 09:16 AM   #20
VVV

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rick
So if it's a construction feature as you suggest Lew; what did it accomplish for the keris ?

Michael, was it physical construction (your answer 2) that morphed from the initial practical application into the metaphysical over time?

Or visa versa; constructed initially and for the purpose of expressing these metaphysical attributes?
Sorry Rick,

I first noticed you question to me now.
I think/speculate that it is the metaphysical alternative.
For some reason most of the symbolism and talismanic features on a Keris is concentrated on the ganja?
I neither think there is any construction reason for the greneng, lambe gaja etc?
Why isn't a ganja something developed in other cultures if it has a practical purpose?
When I practice martial arts I sometimes use cheap, one piece aluminium practice daggers, without ganja or guard, and thrust them full force into tree trunks with all kind of grips. This to strenghten my grip and practice impact and striking angles. I don't need any built in cushion or protection for this?
But if I would ever use a blade in a life and death situation I would use all the metaphysical help I could think of.
The more, the better, in case I didn't know which talismanic symbol that really worked according to my beliefs.

Michael
VVV is offline   Reply With Quote