View Single Post
Old 25th February 2016, 09:59 PM   #9
Miguel

Quote:
Originally Posted by Henk
Miguel, pictures give the knowledgeable members the information they need to give you the answers.
Hi Henk,
Here are some photos of the Kindjals, Qamas And Quaddara? that I finally rooted out of my storage boxes. They all in need various amounts of TLC but I hope that there is shown enough detail for the more knowledgeable members of the Forum to be able to Comment as to where they originate from in the Caucasus and the meanings of the blade stamps and inscriptions on some of them.

No 1:- Brass cast hilt Scalloped double edged blade .
Overall Length 18.5 ins, blade length 13.5 ins x 1.25 ins wide.

No 2:- Horn hilt with large double edged blade having a long almost round point.
Overall length 24.5 ins, blade length 19 ins x 1.75 ins wide.

No 3:- Horn hilt with double edged blade having Islamic writing. No scabbard.
Overall length 20.5 ins, blade length 16 ins x 1.5 ins wide.

No 4:- Horn hilt with double edged blade having a two moons and three stars deep blade stamp on one side. No scabbard.
Overall length 20.75 ins, blade length 15.25 ins x 1.5 ins wide

No 5:- Horn hilt with brass rivets and having a slightly curved single edged blade with three fullers and a n 8 lobed blade stamp, no scabbard.
Overall length 29 ins, blade length 23 ins x 1.5 ins wide.

No 6:- Silver hilt and scabbard profusely decorated, back of scabbard near throat having a Russian 84 silver assay mark fro Odessa or Don With Female head facing right signifying 1908 to 1926 also silversmiths stamp of a backward facing LN. Double edged blade having llers.
Overall length 18 ins, blade length 13.5 ins x 1.25 ins wide.

No 7:- Silver and horn hilt and leather covered wooden scabbard with silver locket and chape having worn decoration. Cartouche with what could be Arabic script on back of locket. Double edged blade with single fuller and moon and two stars deep blade stamp.
Overall length 21.25 ins, blade length 16.75 ins x 1.5 ins wide.

Your comments would be appreciated.
Thanking you in advance.
Miguel
Attached Images

Miguel is offline   Reply With Quote