Thread: hello
View Single Post
Old 12th August 2015, 07:18 AM   #12
Gavin Nugent

Quote:
Originally Posted by silberschatzimsee
i dont yet know in which direction it will go. There is a popular proverb: sky's the limit. In my case its the piggybank

There is a lot of things i would love to own. A samurai suit of armor, a tanto with a nice laquer scabbard, a shaffron, a rossschinder, a piha kaetta......next to authenticity, the decoration is also very important for me.

Like i mentioned i will deeply research the antique weapons, i consider them as decorative art and will post my purchase here . Or most perhaps i will ask the forum about price and quality before i make a final purchase.

kind regards
Andi
There you go Andi, you seem to have your heart list right there.

Personally I suggest, focus on one for now, perhaps the first one in the list...learn all you can, start a thread on the subject, read previous threads using the search engine, add the links to your thread and ask questions, so that you can make an informed choice when you go to buy one...cover all of this off first then crack open the piggy bank...save again whilst you learn about the next item on your list...once all your boxes are ticked I am sure you'll have gained a lot of experience and perhaps will re evaluate your collections and add to them.

Happy collecting.

Gavin
Gavin Nugent is offline   Reply With Quote