View Single Post
Old 6th February 2018, 04:48 AM   #7
Robert
EAAF Staff

First thank you all for the information, the photos for comparison and your thoughts on this piece. After my misadventure in purchasing the two VOC swords a few years ago I have tried to be much more careful when purchasing something I am not at all familiar with from fuzzy photos. I should have given the measurements of this sword in my original description and they are:
Total length 26-1/8 inches
Blade length 21-1/4 inches
Blade thickness at hilt is slightly over 1/4 inch
Blade at widest point 1-13/16 inches
Blade width at hilt 13/16
Hilt 4-7/8 inches
The seller who lives in Florida here in the U.S. really offered little information on this piece neither in the auction description or when I contacted him about it before the auction closed. The only information of any real value I received from him was after I had won the piece when he warned me to be very careful when removing the blade from the sheath to avoid being cut. I had sent him another message a few days ago asking for any other information such as how long he had owned this item and how he had originally come to own it, but have yet to hear back from him. The only marks on this blade are on the spine right before it starts dropping to form the tip. I wasn't sure if these marks were intentionally made or were just damage from something striking the blade in that area. I have added the best photo I could take of these marks and a few of the hilt wrapping. These once again had to be taken indoors under inadequate lighting. I do not believe that the hilt to blade fitting is a resent marriage, but from what I can tell I believe they have been together for quite an amount of years. Thank you all once again for your help. I hope that this latest information and photos will be of some help.

Best Regards,
Robert
Attached Images

Last edited by Robert; 6th February 2018 at 07:10 AM.
Robert is offline   Reply With Quote