View Single Post
Old 18th July 2014, 05:14 PM   #21
Jim McDougall
Arms Historian

Thank you very much Ibrahiim, and for astutely realizing that my comments were indeed directed at the group of threads which have run concurrently and all addressing various scope of Arabian history and arms. As you note I was actually reiterating what my own opinion was concerning aspects of these, and I did not actually address the kahnjhar matter specifically because that particular segment is still clouded to me.

My main objective here was primarily to address collectively the profoundly present 'contention' which has constantly plagued these otherwise fascinating threads. My hope is that all participants in these will ascend to the higher goal of focus on subject matter without personal rancor. The great thread on Omani forts and cannon already has fallen victim to this and we have too much vested here to lose another.

Since the participants I intended to address have been engaged in all the threads I refer to in my post, and was prompted by the most current 'interactions' , it simply fell into this thread.

Thank you everybody for your consideration in the matter.
Jim McDougall is offline   Reply With Quote