View Single Post
Old 17th July 2014, 07:37 AM   #13
Ibrahiim al Balooshi

Quote:
Originally Posted by kahnjar1
I have no intention of "proving" anything. All I am saying is that Jambiya from other areas NOT NECESSARILY originated in design from Oman.
Maybe this all happened in the opposite direction.................

Remember please that this is a DISCUSSION Forum, and I am discussing rather than stating unproven facts.

Salaams Khanjar 1 ..This is indeed a discussion forum and as you know with ethnographics there is seldom a silver bullet. Often research is quite ground breaking and examples of misleading detail propogated down the decades appears and is cleaned up...sometimes no such research is available and we make of what we have, perhaps, so that some researcher in the futuure may observe these proceedings as new pieces of the jigsaw materialise...In this case more so... since both regions in the Asir and in al Hasa are veritable black holes and have been for many centuries.

I have as part of my research shown Forum the trade links of sea routed traffic Muscat Jazan Zanzibar inspired by Said Bin Sultan in the first half of the 19th C and in the timeframe(Hilt designed-1840/1850) when the Royal Saiyidiyah Khanjar was designed by one of his wives(Sheherazad) and the important hub position of Jazzan in the Asir and the region which was in Yemen but is now since about 1920 (though officially 1934) in KSA. The fact that this Khanjar is almost identical to the Saiyidiyah must be obvious...and knowing that the Muscat Khanjar was a 7 ringer must surely be clear..viz;

1.The 7 rings of the Sheherazad designed Sayidiyah were the influence of the Muscat Khanjar whilst the hilt was redesigned completely with Indian silver style design and a new shape..The same/similar silver styled hilt is seen on the same/similar 7 ringer in the Asir..e.g.on the flower tribe weapon.

2. The Muscat Khjanjar is a 7 ringer with a formal tee shaped hilt and is the contender for the al Hasa style having gone there by camel train... via Buraimi .

They are utterly different to other Saudia or more to the point for the Asir, Yemeni weapons and are obviously Omani styles.

If you think otherwise the ink is free here... You could do some research and try to prove otherwise?...I mean fairs fair...; I've done the research so if you reckon otherwise ...prove it.

I would be delighted to discus your reverse flow theory on Forum.

Regards,
Ibrahiim al Balooshi.

Last edited by Ibrahiim al Balooshi; 17th July 2014 at 07:54 AM.
Ibrahiim al Balooshi is offline   Reply With Quote