View Single Post
Old 13th February 2019, 02:24 AM   #21
Larks

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sajen
Hello Kai,

I am familiar with the Moluccas history, my wife coming from Halmahera. While Ternate is traditional Muslim Ambon is mainly Christian. For sure there was trade by Bugis and like this the keris in question will has found it's way to Ambon but a keris gift for a Sultan would look different IMVHO. And I just stated that the Moluccas never have had a own keris culture and I think that this is a fact. So a description "Ambon" keris is a little bit misleading. Just my opinion!

Regards,
Detlef
Hi Detlaf,

if I knew how to do it I would edit the title to read AMBON “SOURCED” KERIS FOR INTEREST. When I posted this thread I knew next to nothing about this Keris other than where I found it and nothing about Keris in general and as I mentioned in my initial post I had acquired it from a local private household so I simply had no reason to think it was anything but local to the area.

However the wonderful responses and the interest in this Keris have opened my eyes to a whole new world of information and interest and I am quite amazed at the level and depth of knowledge and just how much there is to learn about these amazing artefacts. I continue to read with great interest and am lapping up any information that I can absorb.

cheers
Greg
Larks is offline   Reply With Quote