Thread: my last keris
View Single Post
Old 3rd May 2023, 11:05 AM   #94
Marcokeris

Quote:
Originally Posted by A. G. Maisey View Post
Gustav & Marco.

With cundrik & cengkrong, the hilt position is sometimes reversed, in my experience, the position of the blade in the wrongko is not.

The picture posted with the blade over the wrongko shows an incorrectly mounted blade in both positions, if the blade is original to the wrongko we will find that the top of the gonjo sits with the sirah cecak & the buntut urang both sitting within the top line of the atasan, it is permissible for a small part of the gonjo to rise above the top line of the gambar at its center, it is not permissible for the gonjo to sit as depicted.

I'm a bit with David here:- I simply do not understand the reason for this extended discussion on an aberration, I do not understand what the objective of the discussion is.

We have a couple of examples keris which by any normal standard are deviant from the norm.

So?

Some people have strange ideas, even in Jawa, if somebody wants his keris mounted back to front I guess he will not be strung between two saplings and gradually be pulled apart as they straighten.

We have a very definite anomaly.

Why not just accept it for what it is?
Sorry again Alan, with all my respect, but this is one of the answers which, unfortunately, slowly push collectors and scholars away from the VKF
Marcokeris is offline   Reply With Quote