View Single Post
Old 13th July 2005, 02:24 AM   #1
Spunjer

Default Complete Kampilan

...after months of anticipation, it's finally done. complete in such a way that it has the scabbard, handguard, hair and almost immaculate handle (no broken pieces, well, except for a chip next to one of the holes).couple nicks on the blade, but that's about it. purchased in davao from my last trip, this kampilan got my attention in two ways:
1) again, it came with a scabbard, and,
2) the lamination on the blade.

the handle has holes signifying it has hairs at one time so i approach battara for this project. again, with his artistic ability, did an excellent job!!! also, i would like to congratulate him for his wonderful job in restoring the hand guard. he even had the decending metal match the dents that was created by the original handguard. what is so amazing is, this is actually his first attempt in making one of these. thanks, jose...

the lamination is pretty neat in that it reminds me of the lamination of my shandigan barung where all the line is horizontal to the blade. what's weird is it seems like only the upper half is laminated (?). anyhow, this creates a very striking appearance overall.
i know it's been awhile since kamps has been discussed so any comments is welcome. enjoy!
Attached Images

Last edited by Spunjer; 13th July 2005 at 03:10 AM.
Spunjer is offline   Reply With Quote