View Single Post
Old 16th August 2014, 09:34 AM   #30
Kurt

Default Gold work

Quote:
Originally Posted by Akaalarms
Dear All,

I have followed the thread with interest, as it is a topic of interest for me, on many levels!

Unfortunate to see the misunderstanding but I hope there wont be any animosity. I agree with Andrew, that casual emails/written word can sometimes by misconstrued, especially with cultural differences.

Sad to hear you may be leaving Jens, I do have a couple of questions that will (I hope) at least lure you back to this discussion. In fact a correction, there IS a weapon in the Zebrowski book, or at least, a bronze 'Yali' South Indian dagger hilt. I'm sure you have seen it Jens, and my comment is me being slightly pedantic.

I do have a couple of serious questions for you - I would like to hear your opinion on the gold decoration on your pictured Katars. If you agree with me, that it is applied later, and North Indian in style. Done very nicely - in the 19thC by Rajput/Punjabi artisans?

I have had some fantastic Tanjore katars pass through my hands, most have been plain steel, applied silver, or silver gilt.

Is your Katar article available for public or private reading?

Regards
Runjeet
Hi Rujeet ,
Here are some pictures with original 17th century gold work!
Kurt
Attached Images

Kurt is offline   Reply With Quote