View Single Post
Old 15th August 2014, 04:46 AM   #23
Jim McDougall
Arms Historian

Very graciously put James, and as I noted in my comments, your posts were well placed as were your responses, and the unfortunate turn in the meter of this thread had nothing to do with you, and resulted entirely from the unwarranted intervention which had nothing to do with the discussion.

As Jens has well noted, the study of Indian arms is far from a topic which has concise answers and neatly categorized classifications for its weapons in many, if not most cases. In such cases, even the many references and volumes published on these arms do not come close to definitive answers which constantly arise with the many cross influenced forms and variants.
I would not use to the term 'ignorance' toward anyone baffled by this formidable topic but with an interest in them, as few can claim exact knowledge and infallible knowledge on them.

While you may modestly disclaim specific knowledge in certain fields, your interest and desire to learn is well placed here, and your grace and courtesy an exemplary lesson in the gentlemanly discussions we strive for.
Thank you so much!

P.S. I have to admit I really have trouble with these peacocks too!!!
Jim McDougall is offline   Reply With Quote