View Single Post
Old 14th August 2014, 12:05 PM   #16
estcrh

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrew
Like many members here, despite his excellent English, it is not Jens' first language and stylistic or cultural nuance can be missed. As I have grown very familiar with his personality and posting style, Jens' posts on this thread were not, to me, rude or insensitive at all. However, I can understand how others, not as familiar with him, could misconstrue his playful comments.

Frankly, whenever I see a post on Indian arms/armour, it is Jens' responses I most look forward to reading...
Andrew, Jen currently has 1,666 posts here dating back to 2004, he is obviously intelligent and he know exactly how he is coming across. these two statements from him say it all.

Quote:
Maybe I better stop writing on the forum and only look now and again, so I dont offend others.
Quote:
I wish you all the best, as I think I will stop writing on the forum, so others can take over.
What a mature attitude, he will take his toys and go home if anyone dares to mention the obvious, of course he has the right to act any way he wants and forum members can pretend its perfectly alright with them so that they can obtain some little nuggets of Jens wisdom which he will begrudgingly toss their way occasionally.

Quote:
researching as I have for decades
, I know many people on several different forums who have been researching various arms and armor related subjects for decades as well and they freely give their advice without such childish outbursts. I myself have spent many years and considerable amounts of money researching Japanese armor, everything I have learned is available to anyone free of charge, with no snarky comments etc. My images have been given to the public on Wikipedia Commons and I have created several articles on Wikipedia were the references I have used to obtain my knowledge are listed as well for anyone to see and use.

Here are links to Jens articles on the katar for anyone interested, of course you will have to purchase them.

http://www.maneyonline.com/doi/abs/1...3Z.00000000020

http://www.tandfonline.com/doi/abs/1...0#.U-yP6_ldUZw

Last edited by estcrh; 14th August 2014 at 12:24 PM.
estcrh is offline   Reply With Quote