View Single Post
Old 10th August 2014, 08:10 PM   #7
Andrew

Cool The middle path, please...

Quote:
Originally Posted by estcrh
Jens, James actually does have at least some books on the subject (http://www.vikingsword.com/vb/showthread.php?t=18480) but I think your answer is rather rude. Not everyone has a large enough interest to warrant purchasing a lot of books, and if you are going to tell James this why not tell each and every person who asks a question here the same thing? If you resent answering questions then simply ignore them. You are very knowledgeable but that is not how you teach someone, you could have simply pointed out the peacocks that are obvious to you but invisible to others.
Like many members here, despite his excellent English, it is not Jens' first language and stylistic or cultural nuance can be missed. As I have grown very familiar with his personality and posting style, Jens' posts on this thread were not, to me, rude or insensitive at all. However, I can understand how others, not as familiar with him, could misconstrue his playful comments.

Frankly, whenever I see a post on Indian arms/armour, it is Jens' responses I most look forward to reading...
Andrew is offline   Reply With Quote