View Single Post
Old 12th July 2016, 11:52 AM   #16
rickystl

Quote:
Originally Posted by estcrh
Rick, if by chance you do locate someone who could repair it in the proper manner I would appreciate it, even if in another state. As discussed in a previous thread, the Persian variety of matchlock, flintlock and percussion guns seem to have simply vanished from sight. I wanted to do a thread on them but its taken me months just to find a handful of images.

When the Persians started to equip their military with modern factory made guns the old ones seem to have been stripped down and the barrels sold off around the middle east, at least that is what seems to have happened as far as I can tell. At least with Ottoman guns there are a lot of remaining flintlocks but not so with the Persian guns, they must have done something with them or they would be turning up at auctions and in collections etc.
Yes, I'll put the word out to my sources this weekend when I return from a business trip. My gunsmith would be perfect for this, but will be down for at least a couple more months. But there are other competent ones. I'll let you know soon.
Persian Long Guns: Yes, I remember that Thread. Your guess as to what happened to all these guns is as good as any. It's a real mystery.
Rick
rickystl is offline   Reply With Quote