View Single Post
Old 8th December 2009, 01:15 AM   #8
Atlantia

Friends.

What can I say. Thank you

I'm not a young man (I'm nearly 41) and I honestly wondered if I'd ever be a father.
Louise had a very difficult time giving birth and was over 40 hours in labour, including ten hours of being induced, lots of things going wrong, until eventually she had to have an emergency caesarean section because she and the baby were struggling to cope.
We managed to get home for a couple of days, but the strain had taken its toll on both of them, and even with 'round the clock' care from me, little Alexander wasn't managing to feed enough, so was losing weight.
So, they are back in the hospital, in the special care baby unit, but are both doing well, so should be home with me in a couple of days (hopefully).

Here is a picture of the three of us in the theatre. Alex is about 3 minutes old, Louise is still being stitched up in this shot (behind the screen) and neither of us have slept more than a few hours in three days, so we don't look our best.

Thanks a million for the kind wishes gentlemen. I am going to raise a glass to your health, one and all, right now.

Gene

P.S. So the Crew of The Battlestar Atlantia is up to three now

Last edited by Atlantia; 8th December 2009 at 01:30 AM.
Atlantia is offline   Reply With Quote