View Single Post
Old 16th November 2006, 10:19 PM   #42
B.I

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsubame1
My mother maiden name is "Casaroli" and was born in Castel San Giovanni, Piacenza. Google "Cardinal Casaroli"

You know, the two oldest lobbies in the world are jews and chatolic priests.
In venice you can find both. You definitively have to go to visit "Ghetto vecio" (the old ghetto). One of the least known and most beautiful sites in Venice.
please dont!!
my girlfriend has constantly reminded me of a fantastic jewish restaurant that we stumbled across in the old quarter. unfortunately, we had just eaten, and we had no time to go back. everytime we walk past even a bagel shop, she mentions it. i am glad she doesnt read this forum!!
your relation seems to have been quite a guy!! the treasures he must have seen having access to the vatican.
i strongly recommend the civic museum on the other end of the square (across from the basilica). they have a couple of room of captured turkish weapons of outstanding quality and rarity. the museum is not known, and the weapons not mentioned in any guide.
please do try to get images of the dagger, as it would be a wonderful piece to talk about here.
B.I is offline   Reply With Quote