View Single Post
Old 15th April 2005, 06:22 PM   #21
Conogre

I've purchased several items from the site in India, and to be fair, have to relate my own experiences with them.
All pieces that I purchased were clearly listed as newly made and were of excellent quality, and with shipping to the US faster than many sellers IN the US with one exception.
They ran two auctions on sets of armor with Muslim chiseling, one listed as about 50 years old and out of my price range, with the second being for 3 sets being newly made out of stainless steel and MUCH less expensive.....I won one of the three sets offered on the second auction and didn't hear from them for almost two months.
When I finally e-mailed them, they were extremely apologetic, said something about cleaning the rust off (stainless steel?) and that my purchase would be here ASAP, which ended up being by courrier in about 14 days.
To my delight and surprise, they'd obviously over sold the 2nd auction and had replaced it with the older (and more elaborate) set in non-stainless for exactly the same price, with a substantial reduction is shipping as well.....for $156.00, including shipping, I have no complaint at all
I HAVE seen some auctions stating that they have added khoftgari or inlaying to an older piece, but there were never any claims as to the exact age of the original piece, other than it was NOT newly made.
What buyers of their wares may do is entirely a different matter, with my suspicion being that it's probably American re-sellers that need to be watched.
Mike
Attached Images

Conogre is offline   Reply With Quote