View Single Post
Old 18th September 2012, 09:13 AM   #5
satsujinken

Quote:
Originally Posted by Battara
Fascinating pamor. Is the this recently made stuff?
I believe so

newly made (kamardikan) in terms of keris could mean somewhere between 0 - 67 years

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rick
Looks like two different pamors to me, first one looks like balls of string ; yes, the second example's style has been done in recent times .

Both are not unknown in newer keris .
I agree with you, as with books I attached below, the unthuk banyu pamor is confined within the blade, and in mine, it is becoming parts of the cutting edge.

you mean that the pamor, which like )))((( is the 1st pamor
and the spine consists of another ??

if so, what pamor do you think this keris is ??

Quote:
Originally Posted by David
Not sure just how much comparison can be made. I agree with Rick, these are not the same pamor patterns. Also agree that Donny's is current era.
Hard to say solely from photos of Mr. Hidayat's example. Lovely current era dress, but i am afraid i don't know how to spot a well made and expertly aged modern piece from the real thing strictly from a couple of photos. While complex pamors of this sort are known to have existed in older blades, well preserved examples such as this are few and far between. It (Mr. Hidayat's) is a beautiful keris regardless.
if you see this example, http://agenbiteofinwit.com/keris2.html
and according to couple friend of mine, my keris above still categorised as unthuk banyu pamor

but I am agree that there are differences between both blades. Therefore, what pamor do you think it is ??

here's more pics and also a page from my book explaining about pamor unthuk banyu
Attached Images

satsujinken is offline   Reply With Quote