View Single Post
Old 3rd February 2014, 11:40 PM   #269
Jim McDougall
Arms Historian

I have decided to open a new thread with its title specific to the kastane which I hope will better attend to discussion on these in particular without further consternation to the broader scope of this thread. While the title here is of course Sinhala/Sri Lankan swords, which obviously includes the profoundly notable kastane, it would seem its complexities and far more comprehensive requirements would be better served in separate discussion.

I would invite anyone reading here with specific interest in the kastane to not only peruse the discussion thus far here, but to also go to "The Sinhalese Kastane: Its Development, Decoration and Symbolism" which will be concurrently on this forum.

I hope this will better appoint the focus in addressing these topics, and although I am not personally the author of this particular thread, I would like to take the liberty of thanking everyone who has participated here as well, and especially KuKulz for the original post. The weapons of Sri Lanka overall, are fascinating as is the remarkable history of this nation , so I look forward to continued development in discussion here as well as on the other thread.
Jim McDougall is offline   Reply With Quote