View Single Post
Old 24th May 2014, 09:08 PM   #153
kahnjar1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ibrahiim al Balooshi
I have no idea why you seem to be blinded by the Habaabi structure which I have referenced and covered fully even down to a map...and picture references. There may well be another region in the east with similar daggers but I have already declared that this needs to be investigated as the two areas well documented now are Muscat and the Abha region...The Muscat Khanjar and the Asir/ Abha ..known as the Habaabi Khanjar. They are not as you put it..."so called". They exist... and are now well documented .

The scabbard of the Royal Omani Khanjar!!... You have missed the point. Its not the Royal Khanjar Scabbard that was designed by Sheherazad...Its the Hilt!! The Scabbard on the Royal Omani Khanjar comes from the Muscat Khanjar.

It appears true that Yemeni and Saudia Khanjars are traditionally more turned at the toe...or to get it right chronologically The Omani Khanjar tends to be less turned at the toe section than the Yemeni and Saudia styles.

Within the mixture of Southern Arabian Daggers cross pollination, copying , mirroring of styles has occured and for good reason this Habaabi dagger has been adopted there...Seatrade...The Zanzibar link...

I don't deal in concrete. As you are aware on these pages cast iron situations are seldom proveable ..nor are they sought. This situation with the Omani influence in the Asir has been shown to be entirely plausible...how else could it have transpired?

I repeat that we have at forum compared the two regional weapons The Muscat and the Abha... If another area is to be balanced and compared then it too has to be researched...then...considered.

I am interested to know where and how it is explained in your Saudia reference ...that the Ruth Hawley Muscat Khanjar is in fact from Saudia??

Regards,
Ibrahiim al Balooshi.
Your para 2 above: I am well aware that the hilt is the part of the Royal Khanjar designed by Sheherazad. I did not say otherwise. My point was that the Omani scabbard of this Khanjar has not usually got a turned up toe, so if the "Ruth Hawley" Khanjar is a Muscat Khanjar, then the scabbard is wrong...it has a very turned up toe.
As far as the Saudia source I quoted is concerned, this style of Khanjar (illustrated by them) is attributed to the Al Ahsa area, not Abha.
I am also aware that you have done considerable research into these matters, BUT, word is not enough in my opinion. It needs to be backed up by conclusive and irrefutable documentation. If this is not forthcoming then what is printed here can only be described as opinion.
kahnjar1 is offline   Reply With Quote